Welcome – To
proceed though the course use the Navigation bar on the left. Click on
“Section 1” to start.
Welcome – To proceed though the course use the Navigation bar on the left. Click on “Section 1” to start.
Eating a plant-based vegetarian or vegan diet can be a healthy, exciting alternative to traditional meat-based meal planning. According to the National Institutes of Health, vegetarian diets are growing more and more common and by some estimates, about 2% of the U.S. adult population follows this type of diet.
This course is designed to provide Performance Competencies simulating real-life practice examples and Meal Planning considerations that you may encounter when working with your clients that are interested in a Vegetarian Meal Plan.
Video Lecture #1 - Course Introduction
Author: Sharon Richmond - MBA, RD, LDN, CLT
At the conclusion of this program the dietetic professional
will be able to:
- Identify the different types of vegetarian diets
- Describe the reasons for choosing a vegetarian diet
- Identify the demographic appeal of a vegetarian diet
- Discuss the health benefits of a vegetarian diet
- Explain dietary recommendations and considerations
- Case Study - Practice Illustration Examples
- Case Study #1 - Stanley K. - Weight Loss Objective
- Case Study #2 - Karen L. - Maintaining a Healthy Diet
Course Completion Requirements
To complete this course you must read the course content and successfully complete the Case Studies in the following sections:
Section 5: Case Study #1 – Stanley K. – Weight Loss
Section 6: Case Study #2 – Karen L. – Maintaining a Healthy Diet